these are a few of my favorite things..

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I've decided i need a blog to cronicle all of my crafty creations. Mostly what i knit and what i sew. I'd like to start with my most recent bag. This is a picture of the base. The actual patern was too hard so Gaylyn and i figured out an easier way.
I knit one long piece and then picked up the stiches where i wanted them and knit the rest in the round till i was done.






Then i knit the straps. It called for just one but i wanted two.
My favorite part is the buttons. I made them from white fimo clay. That was tons of fun. Just shape and bake.



I had picked a bright lining but then brian helped me pick a better one. I like the brown a lot.



this is the finished project.



I am still looking for a home for this bag. any takers? don't think i'll keep it.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger heather said…

    Oh, Joy! I LOVE THAT BAG! You are so talented!! I'm always open to being a home for any of your crafty creations - my head has been enjoying your first hat. :)

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger heather said…

    Fun photos, Joy! You're getting better and better all the time. Your stuff looks professionally done - no kidding! Keep posting on here...I love seeing your crafts

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Perpetually Sarah said…

    Joy- that bag is gorgeous! You're so awesome at knitting!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home